|Copyright © 2007 West View Title & Got Web Service. All rights reserved.
Four Days Before
Schedule final utility meter readings for day of closing, including:
- gas/fuel oil
Three Days Before
- Go to the post office and arrange for mail to be forwarded to new address.
- Transfer or cancel newspaper subscriptions, cable TV service, telephone and garbage
Two Days Before
Talk to the title officer, your lawyer, and your agent to verify that all necessary paperwork
will be ready for your closing.
The Day Before
- Pick up a written copy of your estimated closing costs from the closing officer, or
have your agent do it - you're entitled to it by law. Check to make sure all fees, tax
adjustments, and other charges are correct.
- Gather all the documents you are expected to bring to the closing, such as:
- paid property tax receipts (Seller)Closing Day
- property survey
- copies of your mortgage and any other liens on the property (Seller)
- Before you leave, sweep out the house and make certain all personal property is out.
- When you leave for the closing, make sure you have your documents, form of valid
ID (driver’s license), and all house keys and garage door openers.
- Immediately after the closing is completed, call your insurance agent and cancel your
homeowner's policy (seller's).
To download or print a version of the checklist, click here. To learn more about what will
take place at the closing table, go to our closing details page.
5 Days to a Smooth Closing